Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Watch My Dinner with André Movie In Theather

A extended conversation between two old friends over dinner proves an unexpectedly fascinating subject for a film in the critically acclaimed My Dinner with André. The talkers in question are André Gregory, a renowned experimental theater director, and playwright and actor Wallace Shawn, both of whom play themselves. The film is not a documentary, but a condensation of several real discussions fashioned into a dramatic exchange by Shawn and director Louis Malle. The subtle conflict stems from the differences in the men's characters: Gregory is an inquisitive, uninhibited wanderer, willing to travel to remote lands to take part in unusual foreign rituals, while Shawn is the cynical, realistic New Yorker, more concerned with the challenges and rewards of day-to-day city life. Malle approaches their philosophical yet playful back-and-forth with a straightforward, minimal style that only rarely wanders outside its restaurant setting. The focus therefore falls on Shawn's and Gregory's contrasting verbal styles and facial expressions, highlighting conversational nuances normally lost on film. While the idea of watching any conversation for over 90 minutes, no matter how fascinating, may turn off some viewers, enough audiences have supported the film to make it an art-house classic. ~ Judd Blaise, Rovi
Release Date My Dinner with André Oct 11, 1981 Limited
If You Like this movie you can streaming My Dinner with André movie without downloading HERE
Watch

Movie Overview For My Dinner with André


TagLine My Dinner with André

Trailer For My Dinner with André

My

Actors For My Dinner with André

Wallace Shawn,Andre Gregory,Jean Lenauer,Roy Butler

Genres My Dinner with André : Drama,Comedy

Visitor Ranting & Critics For My Dinner with André

User Ranting My Dinner with André : 4
User Percentage For My Dinner with André : 85 %
User Count Like for My Dinner with André : 6,058
All Critics Ranting For My Dinner with André : 7.3
All Critics Count For My Dinner with André : 20
All Critics Percentage For My Dinner with André : 90 %

If You Like this movie you can streaming My Dinner with André movie without downloading HERE

Review For My Dinner with André

The dining duo struggle with words between bites, groping for a recipe summoning the meaning of life. And in a movie that redefined as a surprising and inventive enduring classic, both leading man requisites and filmmaking conventions.
Prairie Miller-WBAI Radio

(It) is a downright transgressive film because it brazenly allows its characters to just talk. Actually it allows Andre to talk and, just as importantly, for Wally to listen.
Christopher Long-Movie Metropolis

... an intellectual bull session as cinematic performance piece...
Sean Axmaker-Turner Classic Movies Online

What makes the film so intriguing and so beguiling and so utterly wonderful is the way it slowly reveals itself, uncoiling in ways that don't produce dramatic fireworks, but rather gradual realizations
James Kendrick-Q Network Film Desk

For the few film freaks who still wear the "intellectual" epithet proudly rather than ironically, My Dinner with André is a religious experience...with a side of potato soup.
Joseph Jon Lanthier-Slant Magazine

But what an egg it is.
Joseph Jon Lanthier-Slant Magazine

Louis Malle's film was unique and exceptional in 1981, and it's still fairly unusual. It's a lesson in the value of listening and squeezing riches about humanity out of the swag of talk
Andrew L. Urban-Urban Cinefile

Witty, urbane, original and very dated.
Cole Smithey-ColeSmithey.com

It's all talk, most of it interesting.
Gerry Shamray-Sun Newspapers of Cleveland

Like watching paint dry, only less entertaining.
Ken Hanke-Mountain Xpress (Asheville, NC)

Movie Images My Dinner with André

alt=Watch alt=My
alt=My alt=My
alt=Watch

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post. I just came across this movie and can't wait to watch it. I enjoyed reading the short reviews. mercie. x

    ReplyDelete